Our rigorous screening and vetting process ensures that all in-home childcare providers we refer, are among the highest qualified in the nation.
Rainbow Nannies professionally refers:
- Newborn Care Specialists
- On-Call Babysitters
Our agency has adopted the International Nanny Code of Conduct, developed by the International Nanny Association:
At Rainbow Nannies, we understand the concerns every individual family faces when searching for the best in-home childcare option. We will never refer a Newborn Care Specialist, Nanny, or On-Call Babysitter, to a family we don’t feel comfortable with ourselves. During the entire searching process we focus and emphasize on qualities, skills, experience, personality, individual traits; and most of all, references from former clients or employers.
We work hard to prevent any nanny turnovers as much as possible; and therefore we take the pre-hiring process very serious.
Families using our services can be assured that they will be walked through the entire process; and will continue to have support as time goes on.
Our integrity dictates that every individual family’s experience with Rainbow Nannies will be personalized and pleasant.
- We search the Agency’s registry, as well as our own network, to find the most qualified and skilled professional for your family. Our services are completely focussed on your individual family’s needs!
- We interview every potential candidate ourselves first.
- We check every resume; as well as three professional references.
- We only recommend professionals who are the most suitable for the position.
- We coordinate each Zoom and/or in-person interview between you and each individual potential candidate.
- We offer negotiation between you and the professional, if needed, during the contract phase.
- We help you navigate the process of working with Homework Solutions; a Nanny payroll company.
- You will receive a daily update where we are in the process in the pre-hiring process.
- You have unlimited access to us by email and phone. Email or call us whenever you have any questions or concerns. We are here for you!
Rainbow Nannies performs the following security checks:
- Criminal background check
- Social security verification
- Court, criminal and civil records
- Child abuse and neglect registry
- DMV report
- Employment history verification
- Credit history (optional)
- CPR and First Aid certification verification
- Classes, courses and workshop verification
- Social Media
Newborn Care Specialists
A Newborn Care Specialist, formerly known as Baby Nurse or Night Nurse, is delighted to come into your home in the first few weeks or months after the birth of your baby. A Newborn Care Specialist provides support and education in all aspects of newborn care, like (breast)feeding, bathing, soothing, sleeping, a daily routine, developmental milestones, and so much more. Mostly a Newborn Care Specialist works overnight; and in some occasions, 24/7. Having non-judgmental support while adjusting to parenthood, and receiving the gift of sleep, is truly invaluable.
They say it takes a village to raise a child; and, we, at Rainbow Nannies, could not agree more. Therefore, we only refer Nannies who are truly passionate about being an in-home childcare provider, because we understand that a Nanny is an investment in the well-being of your child; and that she lays the foundation for your child’s development. The Nannies we refer, are classified as an individual who has chosen to make a career out of caring, guiding, supporting; and educating young children. Many of the Nannies registered with Rainbow Nannies, are either trained in; or adhere to, the R.I.E. philosophy.
An On-Call Babysitter provides supervisory care, who are available for date nights, weddings, events, out-of-town visitors; or in the rare occasion when your Nanny is not available due to a vacation or illness. We only refer On-Call Babysitters who are registered with Rainbow Nannies; and also are Trustlined registered, or have cleared a background check with our agency. Best is to book a Babysitter 24 hours in advance, but we are also available for same day or last minute requests; as we understand that unexpected situations can happen. Please fill in the contact form or give us a call to discuss your search and fees in detail.
By now, you know that we’re take finding the right professional for your family very serious; and since this entire process is both, time and labor intensive, we charge a one time non-refundable registration/searching fee of $250 at the start (upfront).
- The placement fee for a temporary position is 20%, based on the entire duration of the contract (up to 90 days).
- The placement fee for a full-time Nanny is 15% based on the gross annual salary (35+ hours).
- The placement fee for a part-time Nanny is 12% based on the gross annual salary (up to 35 hours).
The placement fees is a one-time fee; and is first paid once you have selected a Newborn Care Specialist or Nanny for your family.
Included in the placement fee is a replacement guarantee, which is for a Newborn Care Specialist 14-days and for a Nanny 90-days. If for some reason the professional becomes unavailable during their replacement guarantee period, or either side terminates the contract during this time, we will then replace the Newborn Care Specialist or Nanny at no further cost, or charge, to you.
We know that you have many Nanny Agencies to choose from, so we sincerely thank you for choosing Rainbow Nannies. We are so grateful for serving and supporting you; and hoping we will meet your expectations.