How We Work
We believe that childcare providers should be advocates for children and their parents. Our goal is to provide a safe, secure, predictable, and peaceful home environment in which an infant, toddler, or school-age child can move freely and explore, which translates as the kind of learning experience that would benefit his/her development tremendously.
Most importantly, our goal is to help families develop and establish successful, short-term to long-term relationships that provide memorable, safe, rewarding experiences for all.
Our agency has adopted the International Nanny Code of Conduct developed by the International Nanny Association “to promote professionalism and ethical practices among nannies, educators, and those who place in-home childcare professionals.”
Rainbow Nannies provides criminal background checks on all of our prospective candidates because we realize that the safety and security of your home and the proper care of your children is a priority of the greatest importance.
We feel confident that our agency will provide the best solutions for your family’s needs.
Rainbow Nannies performs the following:
- Criminal background check
- Social security verification
- DMV report
- Employment history verification
- Credit history (optional)
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- There is a non-refundable deposit of $250 to begin all nanny searches. Rainbow Nannies of Southern California placement service fee is based on 15% of the nanny’s gross annual salary. This is a one time fee. Included in our fee is a three month replacement guarantee period. If the employee should leave the employment within three months of the employment start date, we will replace the employee at no additional charge.
- If your needs are less than 30 hr/per week the agency fee is 18% of the gross annual. If you need a temp nanny, the fees are 20% of the total length of the job.
- There is no cost or obligation to pay the placement fee until you have selected the employee of your choice.
- The employer is offered a five day trial before making a decision to hire. During the trial period, the employee must be paid for their time. If you choose to offer a position of employment the agency fee will be due and payable at that time.
- We are not responsible for the wages to the employee, and all benefits are the sole responsibility of the employer.
- A salary may vary depending on the applicant’s qualifications and experience. The other factors that may effect the salary are the number of children, hours, location, and job responsibilities.
- Fees vary based on the nannies years of experience, qualifications, job responsibilities, hours to be worked, and duties to be performed. Many nanny’s are professional childcare specialist and come highly recommended from previous clients.
Full Time Positions:
- There are differing levels of education and years of training that may influence the salary of live-in or out nannies. After taxes, the average weekly salary starts at about $500 to $800 for a 40-50 hour work week.
Part Time Positions:
- The salary range is $15 to $20 per hour depending on how many children will be in the nanny’s care. Part time hours are usually less then 30 hours per week.